Openings 1 Location Karachi
We are looking for VP Engineering who will be responsible to provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration from initiation phase to development phase. This role requires deep technology knowledge and the ability to establish and improve engineering systems and processes.
We are a passionate group of professionals, and would welcome an equally dedicated person to join our team!
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of management leadership experience in a software development organization is required.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience of working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering software products to market.
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management and problem solving skills.
- Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud based applications.
- Experience in PHP programming and other languages such as, Objective C, Action Script, C-Sharp, Visual Basic, Java, C# and J2EE/JBoss application server software development.
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues.
- Experience with Scrum methodology and Agile practices.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Leading the team of software architects and actively involved with development of end to end Mobile, Games and Web Applications.
- Determining the technical skill set needs and staffing plans based on project pipeline.
- Providing guidance on software development projects as well as commercial off the shelf configuration and deployment projects.
- Overseeing software design and development projects within and across accounts at both the project and program level, including software development, deployment, support, marketing and account management.
- Keeping the development team on track to ensure the successful delivery of product releases.
- Providing day to day technical management and process guidance on development activities associated with large-scale, complex development/deployment projects.
- Defining a strategic and architectural vision; strongly principled in SDLC best practices.
- Mentoring software engineers on the best practices of true continuous delivery and test driven development methodologies.
- Conducting technical deep-dives on software designs, code, and test artifacts.
- Providing support to project teams with improvements to development/ deployment work products.
- Efficiently allocating technical resources and ensure teams have the appropriate direction at all times to remain on track to client’s commitments and deadlines.
- Contributing to documentation such as functional specifications, budget estimates, and timelines.
- Collaborating and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Working with Project Managers, Account Service and clients to understand their needs prior to coding (reading and helping create user requirement documents; also making recommendations on ways to improve them).
- Aligning with Architects and Software engineers in evaluating the feasibility of solutions proposed and acts as a bridge for software developers.