Senior Software Engineer
Openings 2 Location Karachi
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer – QA who will be responsible for creating detailed test plans, and test data to verify software and mobile applications are functioning according to specifications and standards. He/She must have an ability to initiate new ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the QA discipline.
We are a passionate group of professionals, and would welcome an equally dedicated person to join our team!
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 4-5 years of proven experience in similar capacity.
- Experience of Automation Testing tools (like Selenium, Cucumber, and Test Complete etc), data structures and algorithm design.
- Exceptional understanding of Manual Testing fundamentals. Must have knowledge of functional and non-functional testing techniques.
- Proficient with frameworks for automation like Junit, TestNG, Xunit, CodedUI, SpecFlow, Pyunit or custom in-house built frameworks.
- Understanding of SDLC and Object Oriented Programming, and proficiency in writing test cases and bug tracking.
- Experienced in Web/Mobile testing.
- Ability to conduct Database tests and gather/engineer requirements.
- Good concepts of Security (Acunetix, IBM Appscan etc) and Performance Testing (Jmeter or Ibm etc).
- Documentation (UML diagrams, checklist etc).
- Ability to interact effectively with end-users / clients, managers, developers, and work as part of a team.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Managing assigned projects from Quality testing through final user acceptance testing.
- Defining procedures for writing test cases and review test cases generated by other team members.
- Testing of applications including Unit, Functional, Integration, Performance and regression.
- Analyzing business and technical requirements to create Test plan documentations.
- Analyzing executed test plans and root cause of any failed test cases.
- Writing test plans which enforce the acceptance criteria of features, and keeps all test plans and cases updated to changing requirements.
- Entering bugs into the bug tracking system and verifies bug fixes.
- Ensuring QA Health status of releases/projects in System Management dashboard.
- Managing, support and coordinate business and QA aspects of software development activities, including requirement analysis and QA of applications.
- Researching new tools and technologies and evaluate their usefulness for the team/company.
- Providing mentoring and on-the-job training for junior team members by initiating learning activities/knowledge sharing sessions.
- Maintaining confidentiality of client credentials, components of statistical works, client documents and interfacing of their systems.
- Performing other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.